Banks Can Quick-fix the RBI’s Moratorium Proposal Using Servosys’ BPMS
Amid COVID-19 global pandemic, a Loan EMI Moratorium proposed by RBI for banks was much needed boost for millions of borrowers as they fear loss of income. But, for banks it’s quite challenging to digitally implement it as their legacy software systems provide limited maneuvering abilities.
But, with Servosys’s BPMS (Business Process Management Suite), it’s very easy to implement a process change like for Moratorium announcement by RBI.
See how our customizable BPMS can quickly implements this:
Let’s start with the Customizable BPMS: Servosys’s Business Process Management Suite allows deployment of many different business processes such as Customer Onboarding and e-KYC/Video-KYC as well on a single platform. So, the platform’s capability to accept the deployment of processes of different needs on different occasions helps organizations to quickly Automate processes without investing much in hardware and software and other IT infrastructure. Here, Servosys BPMS with its customizable Rule Routing Engine allows users to reconfigure their rules and business logic, easily.
For example, a Bank who is using this platform for (let’s say) SME LOS can use the same platform for Gold Loan by deploying the workflow of Gold Loan Process. This comes more handy for a situation where the Banking Regulator changes some compliance requirements on an urgent basis. For example – RBI’s Loan Moratorium Proposal. The Workflow for Moratorium can be easily deployed on the Servosys BPMS Platform, integrated with requisite applications (viz., DMS, Core System, CRM, ERP, 3rd Party application like Telecalling Software) and within a week the requirement can be fulfilled.
Implementation of RBI’s Moratorium
The Implementation of RBI’s Moratorium process can be divided into four stages:
- Stage -1: ServoStreams BPMS Product Suite:
- Extraction of Borrower List from Core systems based on Loan Product Type,
- List of pending EMIs
- Details of each pending EMI and
- Assigning a pool of work to Field Officers or Agents based on Location, Product Type and Amount,etc.
- Stage-2: Authorised Field Officers or Agents:
- Contacting borrowers by different means
- Recording borrower’s response in the system
- Receiving partial/full payment
- Uploading receipts & updating the list
- Stage-3: Customers:
- Pay EMI regularly as scheduled or
- Pay 1 time interest at end of moratorium period or
- Get interest adjusted as an increase in EMI amount or
- Choose to increase in the number of EMI
- Stage-4: ServoStreams BPMS Product Suite:
- Adjustment of outstanding amounts of EMI payers
- Reckoning interest for deferred (non-payers)
- In the BPMS, the backend executive can post the chosen scheme opted by the Customer into the Core system and then, if required the Payment delays can be reported to RBI/Credit Bureaus/CRILC,
- Transferring documents to DMS
- Reporting in Dashboard